RebelLUG is a private LEGO User Group. Members can either be invited in or go through our application process. The application process may vary at conventions.
Please begin by getting to know us on our public Discord server. While this server doubles as a fan hangout, it's also where we'll get to know prospective members before our vote that happens at meeting where new members are decided by the current members.
What We're Looking For
- You must be 13 years or older.
- You should have a social media presence. That doesn't mean you have to constantly be uploading to every social media, but RebelLUG expects some acitivty on at least one platform.
- We're also looking for members who are going to actively participate in collabs, contribute at meetings, and engage with the community. This can include commenting over the internet or going to conventions.
- RebelLUG expects a certain level of profesionalism and appropriateness when you present yourself publicly. Those with a history of bullying, drama, or other distastetful practices will not be considered.
- Finally, arguably our MOST IMPORTANT criteria: building skill. Bring your A-game when it comes to MOC quality. Incorporate detail, originality, and overall impressiveness for the best chance of being voted in.
Recruitment and Voting Process
- All applications have to be submitted 10 days before the monthly meetings.
- Our new recruiting committee will spend a few days evaluating all the applications. The commitee will vote/choose applicants who will be voted on during the monthly meeting. A set of criteria will be used to sort out these candidates, it will not be based on how much the committee members like the candidates, it will be fair for all.
- All applicants will be contacted by me so they know if their application has been accepted or not.
- All members who are planning to attend the meeting will then have 5 days to look at these candidates applications in order to prepare for the vote.
- These candidates will be voted on by members during the meetings using our new, improved and anonymous voting system.
- After the meeting the results will be announced to the members, and I will contact everyone of these candidates letting them know if they got in or not. If your application got rejected or you didn't get voted in, you will have to wait three months before applying again.
Thank you so much for your interest in RebelLUG. We look forward to getting to know you. Good luck!